Thursday 2 October 2008

Tim Walker.














I went to Turkey in May, and on my return was facing having to pay about £50 for excess weight on my suitcase and my hand luggage. So, first to go were the toiletries, then I put on tens of items of clothing, jewellery and accessories. Donned in every colour of the rainbow, I then contemplated getting rid of my Vogue (they weigh about the same as me, but it is blasphemy to throw a copy away). So I tore out my favourite pages to take with me - an article about Tim Walker. I love his fantastical view on life, photography, and fashion. He says in the interview, "Fashion allows fantasy, and I'm a fantasist. I love beautiful clothes - but I couldn't give a monkey's what's on the catwalks". His photography is just charming and so beautifully shot - I'm so very jealous of all those who got to see his exhibition in London recently (it's reet grim up north).

No comments: