Thursday 2 October 2008

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Italy was just beautiful. Rome was superb, with just so much to feast your eyes on. The first day, I took photos of near enough everything I went past, believing it to be one of the most beautiful things I'd see on the holiday and that I daren't miss it. Hundreds of photographs later, I soon learnt that ... that was just Rome. The place is decorated with architectural delights on every street, every corner, every square; from the smallest of marble fountains, to the monumental Pantheon and Coliseum - it just doesn't cease! Moreover, what makes it all the more phenomenal is that it was achieved so very long ago when they had no JCBs to do the heavy lifting. The care and effort that has gone into Rome is just stupefying. You've got to give the Romans their dues, it's a truly stunning place. And trust me, you've got to see it to believe it.


No comments: