Thursday 2 October 2008

Gustav Klimt.
















Thanks to Liverpool's status as European Capital of Culture 2008, us Scousers (yes, I do include myself in that bracket) have had quite a few privileges. One notable blessing was Klimt's long stint in the Liverpool Tate. My friend has a fair few books documenting his work which I browsed through before I went; and on flicking through them I wasn't too impressed. I
liked them, but were they really worth the rave reviews so many people give them? The answer is undoubtedly, "yes". The gilt masterpieces were so beautifully executed, with such mastery and they were so emotive on seeing them in the flesh, actual size, and in their full glory - I just fell in love. Mind you, I am a magpie when it comes to gold (being a Scouser an' all), so find out for yourself, and maybe you too will fall in love with Gustav.


No comments: