Friday 29 August 2008

Laura Ashley.
















As much as I try and fight my love for everything sickeningly "girly", I just can't do it. Since I was about fourteen, I would visit sites like Laura Ashley's, and ogle the duck-egg fabrics, powder pink scatter cushions and most of all - their fabulous wallpapers. I know it seems rather sad that such things would interest me at such a young age (I still managed to maintain a healthy following for boy bands, of course), but I just loved everything about it. It's a fusion of French and British traditional and girly styles and I just can't wait to have a bit of dollar (and a home) for an excuse to buy it all. I can just picture it now - sipping my Earl Grey from my Laura Ashley crockery, along side my home made cakes placed on a Laura Ashley cake stand, taking my elevenses in the drawing room, decorated in Laura Ashley's "Summer Palace" wallpaper; but at £25 a roll, I think I'll have to wait just yet.

www.lauraashley.com.

2 comments:

Zil said...

i aspire to have entire laura ashley stationary, notepaper and address books and everything, is that too much?

ELLE said...

PRETTTTYYY xx